The APC7 smart data concentrator is used with automatic meter reading (AMR) and advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) architectures. It collects information and data, often from multiple meters. It communicates that data to a central database for billing, troubleshooting and analyzing.
On the one hand, smart meters could be configured with a neighbor-area network (NAN) communications, featuring narrow bandwidth and lower power consumption, based on regional or country-wide policy, such as RS-485, PLC, low power RF mesh, wireless M-BUS, etc. On the other hand, utilities may have an existing wide-area network (WAN) communication, featuring higher bandwidth and higher data speed, to collect data via GSM/GPRS, Ethernet, or optical cable. The APC7 has enough communication processing capability and flexible interfaces to deal with those protocols and infrastructures.
• Provides reliable communication with meters and head ends.
• Interfaces to smart electric, gas and water meters.
• Flexible and configurable communication interfaces.
• Variety of pluggable communication interfaces.
• WAN communications include GSM/GPRS, Ethernet and optical.
• Supports wireless M-BUS, low power RF mesh.
• RS-232 and RS-485 interfaces support IEC 62056-21 protocol.
• High performance security via hardware crypto accelerator.
• Local and remote configuration, programming and diagnostics.